Our work... making a difference in our world
Founded in 1875, the Theosophical Society is a worldwide organization dedicated to the promotion of genuine brotherhood among all people and the encouragement of the comparative study of religion, philosophy, and science, so that we may better understand ourselves and our place in the universe.
In support of this mission, we:
- Maintain a library open to the public that provides research and study resources for subjects ranging from Theosophy, mysticism, and esotericism to world religions and philosophy.
- Conduct many programs on a wide variety of topics.
- Provide study material and e-Learning courses through our Web site.
- Webcast and provide podcasts of lectures and events to all those near and far on the internet.
- Publish books on related topics through our Quest Books imprint: www.questbooks.net
- Operate one of Chicagoland's premier spiritual bookstores, the Quest Book Shop: www.questbookshop.org
Making a bequest is not complicated...
The Theosophical Society in America (TSA) is a tax-exempt organization.
It is easy to include the Theosophical Society in America in your estate plan by adding a simple codicil (addendum) to an existing will, as follows:
"I give, devise, and bequeath to the Theosophical Society in America, an Illinois not-for-profit corporation, the sum of $________ (or a description of the specific asset), for the benefit of its general purposes."
Gifts or bequests may take several forms:
- Transfer of stock to the Society
(receive a donation credit for the full appreciated value*)
- Real estate*
- Assignment of retirement accounts
- Life insurance
- Personal property, such as valuable collections*
*Avoid paying capital gains tax on the increased value of your gift. Be sure to check with your professional advisors for additional information on how these options apply to your situation.
A Vision of Generosity
The long term vision of many of our members through the years has strengthened our foundation and made possible the role the Society serves today. The Legacy Program is intended to expand and extend the impact the Society has for the good of all human kind. Over the years, the TSA has encouraged interfaith dialogue and an end to religious intolerance; religious exclusivity is not an option.
- People from all walks of life share the same
divinity in themselves and all of creation.
- There is an ageless wisdom tradition that spans all times and is foundational to all faiths.
- Exploration of life and nature reveals the mystery of interconnectedness and unseen forces.
Classes and Internet services spread these messages of unity and Purpose throught the world.
We ask you to claim the Legacy Program as something you want to be a part of. Your gift will be another part of the Legacy we are creating for the future. There is so much to be done. We hope you will see the impact you can make and will include the TSA in your estate planning.
For more information regarding bequests and gifting options, please contact our:
Theosophical Society in America
P.O. Box 270/1926 N. Main Street
Wheaton, Il 60187-0270
(630) 668-1571 x308
(800) 669-1571 x308