What is a Pooled Income Fund?
A Pooled Income Fund is a type of trust fund. Many donors contribute to the fund, and these gifts are collectively invested to produce a shared income.
When you make a donation to the Pooled Income Fund, you are eligible for an immediate tax deduction. Additionally, you will receive a quarterly income of 5% of the market value* of your shares for your life and the life of a beneficiary.
The Pooled Income Fund allows your income to be paid to you for your own life and your spouse’s when the gift is given jointly. This way you and your spouse continue to receive income for both of your lives.
Or, you can designate the income to go to a beneficiary after your death. It is even possible to set up more than one account in the fund with different beneficiaries. It is not necessary that your beneficiary be related to you. These choices create a good way to provide income security without creating money management worries for a survivor.
After the original donor and his or her beneficiary die, the value of those shares becomes the property of the Theosophical Investment Trust for the Society’s charitable purposes. This ultimate gift to the Society is called a charitable remainder gift, and it ensures the important work of the Society will continue on in future.
- There is no minimum donation requirement.
- Once the gift has been made it is non reversible.
- In addition to cash donations, you may also make your gift in the form of securities, stocks, bonds, etc. There may be tax advantages to doing so at the time.
- You may add to your fund at any time.
- *The market value on March 31 of each year establishes the distributions for the next 12 months.
- Checks are mailed by April 15, July 15, October 15, and December 15 for earnings from the prior quarter.
- All income distributed to you or your beneficiary(ies) is taxed as ordinary income.
- Your gift supports the future work of the Theosophical Society.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for the charitable remainder value of your gift. Please check with your tax advisor to determine how to calculate this deduction.
- Secure a steady income for the rest of your life.
- Provide a steady income for the life of a beneficiary.
- Gifts to the fund are deductible from federal estate taxes.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in contributing to the Pooled Income Fund.