The Wheatonâ€“Olcott Lodge has produced a computer program called Theosophical Web Search (TWS) that runs on Microsoft Windows. TWS is a handy program that uses Google to search selected Theosophical web sites and books.
ÂTheosophical Web Search
- Assists you in searching the content of specific theosophical websites.
- Maintains a history of the words or phrases used in the last 25 searches so that they do not need to be retyped if a previous search needs to be repeated.
- Allows you to create a list of bookmarks so that important or frequently visited web pages can be recalled without searching. Bookmarks are also useful in keeping track of interesting webpages that may you find along the way but want to read later.
- Assists you in creating internet references and bibliographies by allowing you to quickly copy the URL of the current web page to the Windows clipboard with the click of a button.
- Defaults to a fixed set of theosophical web sites, an empty set of bookmarks and an empty search history. This can be personalized, since the entries in the TWS site list can be edited, added or removed as necessary.
This is beta software
This version of TWS is beta software, which means that it is fully functional software and has been tested but it is not the final release because it has not yet been exposed to widespread use and may not be entirely free from flaws.
It is being made available so that the general public may benefit from its use. Also because we hope to collect feedback about usability, bugs, issues and inconsistencies.
If you choose to use TWS, we hope that you will take the time to send us some feedback about your experience. If you have issues with TWS please let us know about them as well but bear in mind that the software provided is a beta version and will have limited technical support.
The feedback and support email address is:
One such known issue is installation from the web may fail if the user is running anti-virus software. Sometimes the anti-virus software will prevent the installation of software from a web site, which is why we offer a second installation option.
Install from web â€“ The main advantages of this method are:
- TWS will update itself when new versions are posted
- TWS will be available through Windows start menu
Download the zip file â€“ The advantage of this method is that it is simple because it does not use an installer and is recommended if the â€˜Install from webâ€™ option is not working.
Install from web:
Download zip file containing the executable â€“ just unzip and run the exe:
This software is provided free of charge for your personal use.
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.